Why the Irish Village
This name was set up by us in 1995 when we were working with Microsoft setting up the MSN (Microsoft Network). The idea that the world sees Ireland as a village, with a village culture, and we all drink lots of whisky and beer, we don’t want to break this idea, but sell it. So, the idea of naming this ecommerce web site was formed then.
Unfortunately, Microsoft changed their ideas and the MSN was moved onto the World wide web, we did not move with it, because we knew that the WWW was not ready for ecommerce in 1995.
But after all those years we are back and ready, to sell Irish Goods at home and abroad, this platform is designed to bring together as many Irish producers of crafts and gifts as we can, to let them set up a shop on this web site. By having these shops, they can both have a selling platform of their own as well as incorporating in with all the other suppliers thus creating a large website with hundreds if not thousands of items for you to choose from.
Our Promises to you
We promise to:
- Source only the best consumer goods and ensure the highest quality possible.
- Streamline the buying and payment process making it as easy as possible.
- Help you discover products and manufacturers made in Ireland
- Deliver goods to our customers all over the world with speed and precision.
- Provide speedy customer support.